What Is ARMHS?
Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) is an educational program for adults with a severe mental disorder that helps participants learn basic activities of daily living. These services instruct, assist, and support clients in various areas, such as medication management, basic social and living skills, mental health management, household management, and employment-related or community living transitions.
Our ARMHS services include:
- Mental illness management
- Relapse prevention
- Interpersonal communication
- Employment-related skills
- Illness management
- Healthy lifestyles
- Community resource utilization and integration
- Nutrition and cooking
- Shopping skills
- Budgeting and financial management
- Household management
Scope of Services Provided
- Medication monitoring and literacy
- Utilization of community resources, including mental health, physical health, and dental services
- Money management skills and maintaining financial assistance
- Transition to community integration from a residential facility or hospital setting
- Household management skills, organization, cleaning, and home safety
- Transportation skills (i.e., use of buses and community orientation)
- Interpersonal communication, social skills, self-advocacy, and social and leisure functioning
- Employment/vocational-related skills
- Culturally appropriate integrated mental health care support services
- Healthy lifestyle skills and practices
When the symptoms of mental illness get in the way of an individual’s ability to live a meaningful life, ARMHS can help. Our intent at the Saafi’s ARMHS program is to assist individuals in achieving their personal goals.
Our clients’ ability to retain the skills they learn will be enhanced by others’ understanding of the objectives our clients intend to reach.
In our ARMHS program, each of our clients establishes an individual relationship with a mental health practitioner. Together, they create a personalized plan to help guide the client toward developing the skills required to reach specific objectives and goals. The role of our mental health practitioners is to “do with” the individuals with whom they work, not to “do for” them. By modeling, coaching, encouraging, and teaching skills, our clients can develop a belief in their own ability to achieve what may have seemed unattainable before.
Saafi Behavioral Health Services LLC also believes that collaboration with our clients’ families, friends, and involved professionals is essential.
Saafi Behavioral Health has established partnerships with community service agencies that allow us to access resources that will benefit our clients. We strive to maintain relationships with Social Services, Corrections, housing, and employment sources to advocate for our clients in the most effective possible method.
Requirements for ARMHS Eligibility:
- MA (Medical Assistance) eligible
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosis with mental illness or traumatic brain injury
- Substantial disability and functional impairment in three or more areas
- Assessment by a licensed mental health professional that ARMHS is medically necessary
ARMHS services may be provided in the following settings:
- Client’s home
- The home of a relative or significant other
- The community
Call to schedule an intake or inquire about the ARMHS program: